Sunday 28 March 2010


Hi, this is a picture of my Studio when it was looking tidy. I'm Cheryl, the Herefordshire member of Art-upfront. I live in the countryside and on a warm day my studio space is idyllic. In winter it is freezing so I decamp into the house and work small. Pictured in the making is a doll figure I made for last years Ledbury Poetry Festival Exhibition based on the John Masefield poem "Sea Fever" I have 4 exhibitions I am working towards this summer so I am working on a series of pieces based on and around my canal narrowboat and the waterways. Its in my head and in my sketchbook, but I have yet to translate it into actual samples and bigger pieces. I too added to my stash up at the Fashion and embroidery show at the NEC this weekend and it was encouraging to see so many groups similar to ours, exhibiting there. It reminded us of our time exhibiting at the Knitting and Stitching show in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment