Sunday 28 March 2010




Hello again........running a B+B is a very time consuming job. We actually live in a very small bit of our lovely building and I do not have the luxury of a dedicated space in which to do my work. So when needs must we have to be creative. This season I have not found a lot of time to complete textile work, I have a million ideas running around my head when I found Bobbins in Whitby, a wonderful store full of all sorts of treasures especially the more unusual knitting wools, who have a weekly craft and knitting club so I went along and joined. Its frequented by mainly knitters knitting a variety of things. At first i decided to prepare some hand stitch I could take with me and then found I spent too much time preparing and not enough time actually stitching. So I gave in and started knitting. But what to knit......Teddies.....but not your run of the mill teddies for me. Above is my first bear. I used sock wool that when knitted up creates a fairaisle pattern without you having to count all the stitches and change wool. But as life is never straightforward it didnt happen for me. My little ted just became stripy. Dont know why... but i didnt like the finished effect so........I stitched on him and the result is what you see. Hes a strange little thing but I love him. He became the first of many who are in some sort of mid create. I will post more when they are finished. Never thought knitting would be for me, but when needs must. I can knit in front of the TV sitting next to my man and it doesnt tire me out any more than i already am!!! Its amazing where life will take you. Judith

1 comment: