Sunday 25 April 2010

Dying to get started










As the summer is getting nearer and I havent actually started samples for my new work I thought I would start by dying some fabric and threads. Having done a practise run with calico and old sheeting, I prepared some pristine white fabric ordered from Whaleys. Fabric in blue tray is ready for overdying just to see what happens.As my studio does not have a sink, I took over the kitchen table.


Photo shows some of the end results, the camera hasnt done the colours justice, but will bring my goodies along to the next play day.

Whilst waiting for my fabric to batch in the dye (I waited two days this time and was not tempted to "cook" it in the Aga like the last lot) I made up some print stamps and played about with words from my sketch book, using fabric paint and fabric crayons on top of the first batch of dyed fabric I did last week. Thought I would be professional and put them up on my "design wall". Had to move the bikes out of the way so I could get to it. Anyhow now I have to work out what to do with all this next. -watch this space.

Cheryl.







No comments:

Post a Comment